Lasik Laser Surgery
KIRAN LASIK LASER & EYE CARE CENTRE
LASIK is a surgical procedure that uses a laser to correct nearsightedness, farsightedness, and/or astigmatism. In LASIK, a thin flap in the cornea is created using either a microkeratome blade or a femtosecond laser. The surgeon folds back the flap, then removes some corneal tissue underneath using an excimer laser. The flap is then laid back in place, covering the area where the corneal tissue was removed.
With nearsighted people, the goal of LASIK is to flatten the too-steep cornea; with farsighted people, a steeper cornea is desired. LASIK can also correct astigmatism by smoothing an irregular cornea into a more normal shape.
If you are considering LASIK eye surgery, your first step is to choose a good LASIK surgeon who can evaluate whether LASIK is right for you. Your LASIK surgeon will examine your eyes to determine their health, what kind of vision correction you need, and how much laser ablation (corneal tissue removal) is required. The doctor will also ask about any health conditions that may disqualify you altogether for LASIK surgery.
Why Kiran Lasik Laser & Eye Care provide iLasik surgery.
● iLASIK combines the two most advanced LASIK technologies in the world.
● iLASIK is the first vision correction procedure to be 100% customised to the unique characteristics of each eye.
● iLASIK is the only laser eye surgery approved by NASA and trusted by all branches of the US military.
● iLASIK can correct the broadest range of vision imperfections, so more people than ever can enjoy clear vision without glasses and contacts.
● iLASIK has been over a decade in the making, and is trusted by thousands of doctors and millions of patients worldwide.
What Are the Advantages of LASIK Eye Surgery?
● It has been around for over 25 years and it works! It corrects vision. Around 96% of patients will have their desired vision after LASIK. An enhancement can further increase this number.
● LASIK is associated with very little pain due to the numbing drops that are used.
● Vision is corrected nearly by the day after LASIK.
No bandages or stitches are required after LASIK.
● Adjustments can be made years after LASIK to further correct vision if vision changes while you age.
● After having LASIK, most patients have a dramatic reduction in eyeglass or contact lens dependence and many patients no longer need them at all.
SBK Lasik Combines the advantages of PRK and Lasik
In the past, many people chose the LASIK eye surgery method because of its relatively short recovery and sometimes lower costs. Despite its popularity, there are potential concerns associated with conventional LASIK. Most of the LASIK safety issues are related to the cutting of the flap with the microkeratome blade.
Photorefractive Kerotectamy is a surface procedure which removes the epithelium skin cells rather than cutting a flap. The ‘No Touch’ PRK method is considered to be the most advanced version of surface treatment. Although recovery time is longer due to its less invasive nature, The ‘No Touch’ PRK is popular with patients who take a conservative, safety-first approach. The ‘No Touch’ PRK procedure can also treat many patients with high corrections who are not eligible for LASIK.
IntraLase SBK (Sub-Bowman’s Keratomileusis) is a hybrid procedure offering the safety of PRK and the quicker recovery of LASIK. IntraLase SBK employs an infrared beam to make an ultra-thin, tailor-made flap superior in structure to a conventional LASIK flap. The computer-controlled laser creates and replaces the thinner flap with greater accuracy and precision. The IntraLase method gives your surgeon the ability to tailor the dimensions of the individualized corneal flap based on what is best for your eye.
What precautions do I have to take after surgery?
You will be given plastic shields to wear over your eyes immediately after surgery and for five nights following surgery to protect your eyes while sleeping. For the first month, care should be taken to not rub your eyes for any reason and patients should avoid getting sweat, dust or smoke in their eyes. It is also better to avoid swimming for two weeks, but with care, there is usually no problem with showers.
How is LASIK surgery done?
LASIK surgery includes the following steps:
1. In this procedure, anesthetic eye drops will be applied to your eyes at the outset.
2. The ophthalmologist then uses an instrument called microkeratome to create a thin flap which enables him to lift the outside layer of the cornea.
3. A vacuum ring, or an eyelid holder, is placed between your eyelids to prevent eye movement or blinking while creating the flap.
4. Once the hinged flap is created, it is folded back to reveal the middle layer of your cornea, which the surgeon then reshapes using an excimer laser.
5. Once the procedure is complete, the surgeon will reposition the corneal flap on your eye. The created flap sticks to the eye, without the need for any stitches and serves as a natural bandage for the eye as it heals.
Am I eligible to undergo LASIK surgery?
You are an ideal candidate for LASIK surgery if:
● You are above 18 years of age.
● You possess good general health.
● You do not suffer from ailments such as uncontrolled diabetes, allergies, autoimmune or collagen vascular disease.
● You do not take any medication such as steroids and immunosuppressants.
● Your vision has been stable for at least one year before the surgery day.
Is Laser Vision Correction Painful?
Laser vision correction is not painful at all. Anesthetic eye drops are used to numb the eye and prevent pain. During the procedure most people feel very little other than pressure for a few seconds. LASIK allow for a very predictable healing response. Vision stabilizes rapidly, and patients can expect to have little or no discomfort following the procedure. After PRK, some patients may experience mild to moderate irritation until the corneal surface heals (4-5 days). Eye drops and pills are provided to minimize any discomfort.
Am I Awake during the procedure?
Yes, All you need to do is relax and focus on the green light. Our Nidek excimer laser will track and compensate for any eye movements during the surgery. Our Doctors will talk to you throughout the procedure so that you know what to expect. You may elect to take a mild, oral sedative before surgery to help you relax.
Take your first step towards brilliant vision with the region-renowned laser eye surgery expert Dr. Karan Sarwal
at Kiran Lasik Laser & Eye Care Centre on Bathinda Chandigarh Highway, Rampura.
Lasik Eye Surgery
Cataract & Refractive Services
Cornea & external Disease Services
Squint and Paediatric Ophthalmology & Strabismus Services
Orbit and Oculoplasty Services
Diabetic Eye Disease
C3R/ CXL Crosslinking
General Eye Care
Not sure? Which Laser Surgery right for your eye
We are here to help you !
Call Us Now : +91-9463211244
Have Queries? or Need Consultation? Don't hesitate send us your query, we will get in touch with you within 24 hours